- Know when each seed's season for planting is
- Know when to harvest when the plants start blooming fruit & veggies
- Know if the climate you live in is suitable for the plant
- Know what plants to put next to other plants
- Know how tall and wide the plant grows
- Put in a drip system if possible to make it easier for watering everyday
- Know whether to place each plant in sun, half sun, or no sun
- If you have a plant in a pot or vase, know that draining is very important for keeping them alive. Drill a hole or holes into the vase/ pot it is in and underneath put a plate for the water to drain onto each time you water your plant. A lot of people don't know that this is the trick for keeping a healthy, living plant.
- Keep them inside
- Always have to be watered and drained
- A lit lamp must be on them at all times
- Usually kept in a plastic container (from Home Depot or Lowes)
- Check on them every day to make sure they are not dry from heat, overly watered or growing mold
- Once you finally see a little sprout, love it and care for it and be very gentle
- When they start to grow big enough and you do not have to handle them so gently anymore, you can plant them outside or in pots for them to grow bigger!
All of our plants are finally starting to bloom with this warm California weather! Yay! Our grapes, blackberries and strawberries are growing flowers and some already have fruit! And our orchard is growing a ton of fruit as well! Congrats to the nectarines who finally decided to start growing fruit this year. We can hardly wait to start making jam, jelly, compote, desserts, smoothies (ect) with our growing plants!
I'm sure you will hear lots more about our plants & trees soon with how fast they are sprouting! Until next time!